AzAEYC Governing Board
Call for Nominations!
- Vice President of Policy and Advocacy
- Vice President of Membership and Communication
- Member-At-Large (2 positions)
All applicants are required to be current AzAEYC members. Individuals can self nominate or nominate another member (please let the individual know you are nominating them). Applicants should submit a brief paragraph sharing their interest in a position and a current resume to the Nominating Committee by email to Dawn Craft at email@example.com. Please contact Dawn with any questions. Nominations will be accepted through November 15th, 2014.
AzAEYC is the leading voice for early childhood professionals, ensuring all young children in Arizona have access to high quality early care and education.
AzAEYC advocates for and promotes the well being of all Arizona’s young children and their families by improving the quality of early care and education for every child and providing and supporting high quality professional development opportunities and resources for early childhood professionals.
We value high quality early care and education for the children of Arizona.
We value continuous professional development for those educating and caring for young children.
We value leadership and advocacy in the field of early care and education.
We value inclusivity, diversity and collaboration.
We value families’ role as the first and foremost teachers of their children.
Strategic Goals & Objectives
In developing the strategic plan, AzAEYC leadership discovered that all of the organization’s work falls into one of three categories—leadership, advocacy (public policy) and professional development. Within each of these categories, one strategic goal has been identified along with a series of supporting objectives. These goals and objectives along with the strategic initiatives listed below will be reviewed and updated annually.
Improve early care and education through advocacy.
- Influence and improve local, state and national policies impacting the early care and education of children and their families.
- Increase awareness of early care and education issues and visibility of AzAEYC in the media, with lawmakers and business and civic leaders.
- Develop strong advocates in the early care and education field.
- Build collaborative relationships with other constituencies and organizations to promote early care and education.
Promote, provide and support professional development for early childhood professionals.
- Increase the knowledge, education and experience of professionals in the field.
- Increase the level of professionalism in the field.
- Promote the value of early care and education professionals across Arizona.
- Recruit and support new professionals into the field.
Provide and promote leadership in early care and education.
- Support and mentor local affiliate boards and provide technical assistance for their local work.
- Develop and implement a system of support for growing early child care and education leaders.
- Expand AzAEYC’s capacity, reach and effectiveness.
- Implement comprehensive internal and external communications strategies.